dinsdag 15 september 2009

REAL first day of school!

Minna-sama gokigenyou! Hi everyone!

Even though the post I wrote yesterday carried the title first day of school, my real first day of school was today! I was quite nervous going over there, because it was the first time that I went there by myself and I'd not yet gone there on foot yet so it was a bit of an orientational puzzle. I had to be there relatively early too so I didn't know if I was going to be on time.
Eventually everything turned out well, since I live so close to my school. It's ten minutes on foot from my house to the station, 10 minutes by train and 10 more minutes from the station to school. When I switch families this saturday I'll live even closer to school.
The walk over to my school from the station was quite weird though. I saw all kinds of kids in all kinds of uniforms but noone from my school (although my school has no uniform so sometimes it's quite hard to see who goes to my school and who doesn't (wèèh no uniform, me sad, me likes Japanese uniform!)). When I got there there weren't that many people either. It was like arriving at my Belgian school at 8:10, I only saw about 10 people. I waited for a few minutes inside the building and was joined by Tami-sensei, the teacher responsible for the foreign exchange students (I met her yesterday as well). She introduced me to my tannin sensei (homeroom teacher) and made me do a self-introduction in front of the full staff and my class. After that I had some Japanese language tutoring which was quite alright.
I ate lunch with the girls from my class (the only ones, mind you, there are about 5 of them (and they all wear uniforms because it's cute! :D)). Really friendly people! They told me I looked like Han Solo from Star Wars (Harrison Ford)(I knew there was something fishy about a high school girl asking me if I'd seen Star Wars...). And they too complimented me on the colour of my eyes :P Blueish greyish green rocks :P (They will probably never read this so I can say all of that without any shame :)

In the afternoon I did just about nothing.

The only thing I did was look at the subjects I can choose (SO MANY!). I'm choosing Fine Arts, Calligraphy, Judo, Engineering Basics, Mathematics, Applied Programming, Programming Skills, some other IT subject, 3D computer graphics (I'm reallllly looking forward to that one!), English conversation (I was asked to be a teacher's aide, sounds fun, teaching english to weird Japanese kids who call it Ingurishi :P) and I might take robotic engineering but I heard from the German exchange student that it was only lecture so I might not do that one, because it might be a little bit too hard with my mere basic knowledge of Japanese. Tami-sensei recommended that I take Car Tech, because it's really practically oriented mechanics, like actually working with machines and stuff, but I have no interest whatsoever in learning how to fix cars so...
I'll talk to her about it more tomorrow and I'll let you know when I have my schedule.
I might join some clubs too. I am, by default, a member of the International Club, being exchange student, but I'd like to join the art club or the music club in addition to perhaps the karate club. Tami-sensei told me it wasn't that strict so it might be good. I also heard something about an electricity club but Tami-sensei hadn't heard of it so it might not have any members this year.

I'll keep you posted,

Joren (Night love in Japanese ;P 夜恋 (don't I have a wonderful name? :D I showed the other people from the international club and the girls from my class and they all liked it :D Tami-sensei: "Nanka eroi yo!" = "Kind of perverted, no?". I forgive you, Tami-sensei. :P))

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Dude Night Love? are you kidding? whatever happended to plain old chicken nuggets (and yes my english very rusty sire but oh well poor belgian boy must do with the few brain bastions that he still posseses é).Well i shall stop my blabbering ici and wish you lots of fun with all you're cute girls.Btw karate club or no karate club you better train your ass off cause i will be waiting here to kick your ass with all the love that my heart holds for you(or something like that) a yes before i forget i changed my course from Japanologie to sinologie cause apparently people with degree from japanologie end up working as secretary in Toyota so that was a no go.Anyhoe i'll wish you good luck again and lots of fun (i post all this nonsense on your blog cause i'm not sure that you still answer mail)

    the best of greetings,

    Emilio von Braadkip

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I still answer mail because there are quite a lot of moments where I have nothing else to do :P well now anyway... I don't have class this week because the culture festival is near and I have Japanese lessons in the morning so...
    Sinologie eh... and you came to me asking if Japanese pronunciation was difficult... Well you better get good you will-certainly-kick-my-ass underlord of weirdness! Thou shalt be dealt 10.000 newspaper hits if you don't know more kanji than I do at the end of this year!
    Apparently I can change the ones for my name in a way that they mean "I grant you small waves" so :P also so they mean "Too much practice"... but I won't... for some reason :P

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Engineering Basics, Mathematics, Applied Programming, Programming Skills, some other IT subject, 3D computer graphics? All that, in high school. No wonder Japanese market is booming! I'm ever so jealous! (Certainly 3D computer graphics should be really exciting!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yeah I REALLY hope I can get into that one (3D-CG)(apparently there's a limited amount of space in each class so...). Apparently they teach us to work with the Japanese version of 3DS-MAX, which is quite cool because it's like the industry standard. If I can learn the basics over here I can teach myself the rest and get hired by any game making company I want muahahahahaaa! Anyway the engineering basics class seems to be a practical one so thats fun. I'm taking biotechnology as well (chemical experiments, yay!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen